Gas sensors’ Application in Natural Gas Alarm
With the development of society and national supportive policy, many ordinary people use natural gas as energy sources in home. Gas alarm are widely used in residential occasion to protect human and property safety. Long-term test proved that the effective rate of preventing accident occurrence by natural gas alarm could reach 95% or more.
The selection, installation and cautions about natural gas alarm will be introduced in this article. We hope it is useful for you.
Applied voltage of natural gas alarm is wide, most common one is 220V. The voltage of 12V is relatively rare, supplying power through telephone line interface which is suitable for users have high request to safety.
Distance from the gas source is shorter than 1.5 meters, with good ventilation:
(1) Liquefied gas is heavier than air, the gas alarm is installed at about 0.3 meters away from the ground.
(2) Natural gas, city gas, carbon monoxide and other air is lighter than air, the gas alarm installed at about 0.3 meters from the ceiling.
All alarm can’t be installed in the corner, the cabinet and the places without good ventilation or the places easy to be scented by smoke or oil.
Once gas alarm is fixed，it is not easy to change the location. Please consider the following factors for specific application:
(1) To find out the possible leakage points and analyze their leakage pressure, direction and other index, then draw a position distribution map and divide the leakage institutions into three degrees according to severity.
(2) According to the air direction, the wind and other specific factors at the leakage points, to determine toxic gas leakage direction if a severe leakage occurs.
(3) Detection points every 10~20m distance are requested for the occasions where there may be severe toxic gases leakage.
(4) Study the leakage status. If it is slightly leaked, the detection point should be close to leakage point; if it is jet-like leakage, the detection point should be far away from the leakage point.
(5) According to the density of the leaking gas (greater than or less than air), combining with the trend of air flow, integrate it into a three-dimensional leakage flow trend and make an initial setting plan at its downstream location.
(6) For media with a greater density than air, the detector should be mounted below the leak points, and note the surrounding environment. Special attention should be paid to the setting of safety monitoring points for locations where toxic gases are likely to accumulate.
Do not turn on the lights or turn on any electrical switches when the detector is triggered by gas leakage and shut off the device automatically. The windows should be opened immediately. After the red alarm indicator is off, please find out the leakage reasons and exclude them. After confirming that gas leakage stops, recovery the gas. Be sure not to touch detectors’ power resource avoiding the abnormal working status of detectors.